October 16, 2019, 01:54:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: http://www.munju.net

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anyone Like Hip Hop?  (Read 4555 times)
JAH LOVE .

JAH JAH JAH JAH JAH JAH

« on: June 12, 2007, 11:09:29 AM »

I know you're all prog/psych/jazz etc. fans. But does anyone here like any hip hop? I mean good, original indie hip hop, Madlib, J Dilla, etc. I'm into lots and lots of music, but hip hop would be my main preference if I had to choose one. I'm into Ultramagnetic Mcs, Madlib, J Dilla, A Tribe Called Quest, Black Sheep, Organized Konfusion, Jaylib, Lootpack, Slum Village, De La Soul, Wu-Tang Clan, the list goes on and on.

If you're into original hip hop and everything else as well you should check my myspace page. I'm a beatmaker and a lot of the samples I use are from prog/psych/jazz etc.

MYSPACE/JAHLOVE

BEATS BEATS BEATS FRESH BEATS: MYSPACE.COM/JAHLOVELY
stereobread

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 08:51:18 AM »

I absolutely love hip-hop, and honestly not even just the indie/old school stuff although that's mostly what I listen to.  Honestly, and this is going to sound wierd, it was a combination of hip-hop and "world" music that led to me getting into prog.  Before I got into hip-hop I listened almost entirely to punk and lo-fi indie rock and thought prog sounded overproduced, boring and lyrically silly.  But underground hip-hop opened my eyes to the artistic possibilities of production and technical skills (good rappers and turntablists being undeniably highly skilled musicians) and non-English language music made me realize that lyrics don't really effect the quality of the music which led me to an acceptance of both more mainstream hip-hop and prog rock which I had previously ignored due to lyrical content. 

I think you can there's a lot more of a prog influence in hip-hop and electronic music than most people would assume on first listen.
markfred

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 10:19:00 PM »

"good rappers and turntablists being undeniably highly skilled musicians"
 Grin Grin Good One PAL.
Gordon
fRoGgeR

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 05:12:43 PM »

Yeah man, just recently i've been getting into people like Madlib, Tribe called Quest and Freestyle Fellowship in particular. I love the jazzier side of it.
I agree with stereobread on the musicianship of these guys aswell. I'm willing to bet that markfred has never listened to any hip-hop apart from eminem and 50 cent who i dont rate highly at all.

I'll check out the myspace jahlove.
mina
ULtRa fRoGgeR

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 12:33:11 PM »

"good rappers and turntablists being undeniably highly skilled musicians"
 Grin Grin Good One PAL.
i don't see how that's so hard to believe, they make music and it is not easy. shouldn't matter if you like a certain genre of music or not; everyone is able to appreciate skill and originality.

as for me, j dilla changed my life. [:

seebaer
fRoGgeR

Founder and inventor of prognotfrog @ Soulseek

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 01:22:13 PM »

I simply hate Hip-Hop.
ha11oga11o
SuPRa fRoGgeR

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 10:25:16 AM »

Is it Hip-Hop music?

Don`t know...  Huh?

It is business of the future to be dangerous!
Peter Griffin
fRoGgeR

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 01:44:20 AM »

It's all clicks and whistles to me...   Grin Grin
Tom Cat
fRoGgeR

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 08:06:24 PM »

i don't but i like reggae, jah love? seems like you like it so
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: