October 19, 2019, 09:56:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: http://www.munju.net

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new Dream Theater Album: Systematic Chaos  (Read 3116 times)
kocas
SuPRa fRoGgeR

« on: June 05, 2007, 07:05:55 AM »

hey folks

anyone had a chance to listen DT's new album Systematic Chaos ?

I liked it very very much, it is much better than Octavarium !

My favorite tracks are:
In the presence of enemies pt2
The ministry of lost souls

i like other tracks equally {-:)

and one interesting point is that the guitar technique is a bit different. I tried to play this album and i was amazed how different petrucci played than he did a few years ago...

By the way, what is wrong with the name of the album ? it sounds to me like it is a death metal band.

BwP
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 06:15:20 AM »

Indeed, I thought it was their best album since Metropolis, Pt. 2.  A return to the kind of songwriting that made them great in the first place.  Seems as they let a bit of the experience of the Liquid Tension sessions seep into this one. 
tornadoe
SuPRa fRoGgeR

Bass Slapping

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 03:18:43 AM »

Whoa! this album is just great! I guess their southamerican touring did well for them! their music sounds so refreshed with an appreciable hadwriting and Myung giving the best of him. This album "live" should sound awesome.. cheers

Relax, God is in charge!
kocas
SuPRa fRoGgeR

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 01:35:10 PM »

heheh yeah it sounds pretty good. I've been to the concert in Istanbul Smiley As far as the live performance goes, renovated old songs were the best ones of the set.

I am not listening to much DT now, but seeing them live would always be a lot of fun.

tornadoe
SuPRa fRoGgeR

Bass Slapping

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 01:59:57 AM »

Instrumedley, for me, is a particular way of reconstructing old songs with a stylish technique. Have they done anything simmilar with old songs since instrumedley??       (Live at Budokan, 2005)

First time I heard it, I began listening old songs, even Majesty ones...

Relax, God is in charge!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: