October 22, 2019, 06:05:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: http://www.munju.net

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 24-bit/ISO Downloads  (Read 3736 times)
chicopee
fRogGeR ExCelSuS

« on: January 04, 2015, 08:29:41 PM »

Inceasingly, music downloads are becoming available in 24-bit files.  As CDRs can only burn files to 16 bits, is there a way to capture the extra audio information from 24-bit files?

Some downloads are also available in SACD or Blu-Ray formats and are downloadable as ISO files.  Is there a way to convert these to high-quality audio files?

Thanks for your help.
nelwizard
Global Moderator
fRogGeR ExCelSuS

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 04:30:29 PM »

Hi Chicopee, I hope everything is ok with you my friend;

I've done the DVD-Audio conversion using the following process; I downloaded the file in DVD-Audio format, I opened the program "audacity" imported the audio and made the file division in tracks. Finished the project, I exported the files in the format more compatible which would be the WavPack.

Give a checked here >
Bonnie Koloc - You're Gonna Love Yourself in the Morning (1974 quad mix 24/96 lossless 4.0 DVD-A) converted to Wave http://minhateca.com.br/nelwizard/Bonnie+Koloc_1974_WavPack,180964082.rar(archive)

Cheers!

"Life Is A Long Song."
chicopee
fRogGeR ExCelSuS

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 10:46:26 PM »

Thanks a bunch, Nelwizard!  you're always a help on PNF.

All is well with me -- and I hope with yourself, too.  Sorry I've been so negligent of PNF for quite a while.

I will give Bonnie Koloc a listen.

FYI, I've been converting 24-bit files to wav using Xrecode II.

Boogie
Global Moderator
fRogGeR ExCelSuS

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 05:57:00 AM »

Hi Chicopee,
can you let us know how you resolved your problems?
I have the same problems, but even more, because I work with an Apple Mac.

I tried several solutions, but none is really satisfactory:
You can burn Audio-DVDs instead of Audio-CDs, these can record 24 Bit / 192 kHz quality, but they are expansive and you need a good DVD player.

Another solution is not to use CD- or DVD-players, but a small mini-computer like the Mac Mini or other Windows-models, or a small Palmtop Laptop. They can play any sound quality through USB Audioconverters.

Or to connect the computer to the amplifier, through a long cable or Bluetooth or W-Lan.

But Audio CDs are still the easiest solution - and the worst Sad

There are CD players that can play MP3 files, are there any that can play Flac files?

Boogie
Global Moderator
fRogGeR ExCelSuS

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 03:48:04 PM »

There are CD players that can play MP3 files, are there any that can play Flac files?

Yes, there are:

http://www.ebay.com/dsc/CD-Players-Recorders-/14971/i.html?_from=R40%7CR40&LH_TitleDesc=1&_nkw=flac&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_odkw=flac&_osacat=14971

There are models from Yamaha and Denon and maybe others, that play CD-R and DVD-R with flac files.
That's a possibility to play hi-res files form CD without a computer.
chicopee
fRogGeR ExCelSuS

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 03:58:45 PM »

Hi, Boogie.

I have not made much progress ...

I have a very good CD player that plays SACD and my Blu-Ray player is also connected to my system, so SACD and Blu-Ray audio discs sound great on my system.

Other than that, I've been converting 24-bit files to wav, but I realize that burning them onto CDRs, which are designed to handle 16 bits, is a waste.  When I convert them to wav files, I assume they retain 24 bit quality, but I have not tried burning them to a DVD disc.  I will give that a shot.

The sound quality of the files Nelwizard posted was quite good, too!

Hopefully, we'll have more Blu-Ray audio discs to choose from in the not-too-distant future.  It's too bad that SACD and Blu-Ray discs typically are selling at higher prices than other audio CDs.

Chicopee
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: