September 23, 2019, 12:37:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: http://www.munju.net

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Should there be more critical discussion on the Mp3s we share?  (Read 4700 times)
Marcus
ULtRa fRoGgeR

« on: January 04, 2007, 09:36:12 AM »

So, when people send here their albums, it's actually quite rare that after the post there would follow any further discussion. In some cases we thank sender for the job, which is a nice gesture as such, but actual discussion, nor to speak of CRITICAL discussion, well, I haven't seen it. So, what do you think? Would it be too stupid to just share some opinions about the music, about the best songs, guitar playing, lousy singers, brilliant lyrics, etc., under each download link?

"King Crimson ceased to exist in Septemper 1974, which was when all English bands in that genre should have ceased to exist."
- Robert Fripp

"Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact."
- Homer Simpson
skaarse
Global Moderator
fRogGeR ExCelSuS

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 12:12:01 PM »

I miss more activity myself after opoading, so I agree with you

nahavanda
Administrator
fRogGeR ExCelSuS

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 10:59:18 PM »

i agree with this idea too, we should focus on the albums that we send..i will join you when my connection ready..i must fix my isp first..downloading with 10-12 k :S

babyhewey
fRoGgeR

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 07:56:07 AM »

Yep absolutely there should be some feedback about the albums. I guess everybody who posts wants to hear some sort of pertinent feedback on a particular album. It sure does make the whole process worthwhile to know the albums are being listened to and enjoyed and why. Nothing gets up my nose more than waiting for a comment about an album that is special to you  and weeks go by with nada.

I'm speaking with regard to my blog which has only been up since early November 06. I think the people who frequent blogs need to trust the recommendations, opinions and advise of the poster and that takes some time. Once that trust has been earned the after post dialog is more free flowing.

That's my experience in my short life as a blogger.  Wink
broadwaythehardway1988

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 04:17:01 AM »

In general, I fully agree! Feedback is important, sound of silence sucks :'(
Marcus
ULtRa fRoGgeR

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 04:57:06 AM »

sound of silence sucks Cry

... hello darkness, my old friend. This is basically what I mean. It would be great to hear if someone has even bothered to listen the album you've uploaded. And if people bother to give some feedback - even better. But I have to confess that I've been sometimes quite passive myself. I try to make a change.

"King Crimson ceased to exist in Septemper 1974, which was when all English bands in that genre should have ceased to exist."
- Robert Fripp

"Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact."
- Homer Simpson
kczmrk
SuPRa fRoGgeR

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 06:17:28 PM »

I'll try too, but I must warn you that I have major problem to form an opinion in foreign language. But I think that it will be a great occasion for some practice Grin
Marcus
ULtRa fRoGgeR

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 07:48:30 AM »

I have major problem to form an opinion in foreign language

Ou, it's not a problem. You can always be critical and say  SadHuh? or  :'(

- Robert Fripp

- Homer Simpson
Boogie
Global Moderator
fRogGeR ExCelSuS

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 06:19:12 PM »

Hi folks,
I feel guilty.
Been loading tons of stuff since 2 weeks.
Without leaving any comment.
That's because I want to suck as much as possible for my 1 month rapid account.
Haven't even unzipped one single file.
But still it's an excuse.
Cause what is music good for?
It's good for expressing feelings you can't express in words.
I could talk - or write - as long as I want, I'd never believe that anybody feels what I feel just by talking to him.
The second most important thing about music is memory.
When I hear music it reminds me of many things, good things, sad things, funny things, and everybody has his own history.
When I tell somebody, what a certain song means to me, I talk a lot about me, but I say very little about the song.
Of course sound of silence is a sad thing, but I doubt there is a way to seriously share feelings about music in some words.
What remains is bla-bla, unimportant, repetitive.
There's a reason there are so few meaningful comments.
And the reason is not that bloggers are bad.
Marcus
ULtRa fRoGgeR

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 07:35:39 AM »

I think you said it all, Boogie (that doesn't mean that conversation is over  Tongue). Audiotory sense is something I want to lose last - take my eyes, limbs, balls and mind, but not my ears. Then I would lose everything.

- Robert Fripp

- Homer Simpson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: