October 19, 2019, 09:54:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: http://www.munju.net

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jason Becker (life and music...)  (Read 2134 times)
Speedy
fRoGgeR

« on: November 23, 2007, 12:10:03 AM »

well, I don´t know if this is the right place to discuss about Jason Becker, but i'm gonna do it anyway (because i'm new hehe..)

Jason Becker is/was a virtuoso in the guitar, but unfortunately he suffer of a strange dissease. Now, he can't move a arm, or a leg, not even a finger :-(
He became famous in "Cacophony", later he work in a solo project and also with David Lee Roth.

maybe his music is not to progressive as many other bands/groups mentioned here, but I think his music is really good and very different, in special his album called "perspective", (the song Primal...)

what do you think about him and his music?

saludos...

FlowerJewel
fRoGgeR

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 08:32:10 AM »

Lou Gehrig's disease (ALS) is the strange disease you are thinking of. 

Very tragic story, such raw talent...
AL*
fRoGgeR

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 01:51:49 PM »

I absolutely love and admire JB. His "Perpetual Burn" CD is IMO a monument in guitar playing. He combined magnificent articulation (borrowed from another guitar hero - Marty Friedman) and this furious technique. Particularly, I love "Mabel`s Fatal Fable", somewhere at the beginning he copies clown`s laughter, not to mention this "talk" that opens this song. Brilliant.

I recommend video "The Legendary Guitar of Jason Becker", which reveals more personal story of his and shows some terrifying guitar playin`.

Regards.
Al
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: