September 22, 2019, 04:42:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: http://www.munju.net

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This might have been asked before - Legality  (Read 1908 times)
Harry

« on: January 22, 2009, 03:59:30 AM »

Just to get it clear first off, I'm not suggesting im uncomfortable with legal issues regarding PNF and downloading music - otherwise I wouldn't be here.

My question is,
is there anything that PNF could be held responsible for with regard to "illegal" content?
I noticed there have been some precautions to make links a little bit hidden, Does this mean that the only reason PNF isnt in trouble is because it hasn't been caught yet?

I'm not sure the specifics on laws regarding this kind of stuff, but basically, I was wondering how PNF stays afloat? Is it subject to the same kind of rules as torrent search engines, and can't be held responsible because it doesn't host the actual content on its' own servers? (although some torrent search engines, even, are being targeted)

Basically, what are the specifics of how an awesome community like this can survive un-terrorised by legal crap?

voivod
fRoGgeR

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 07:33:42 AM »

My question is,
is there anything that PNF could be held responsible for with regard to "illegal" content?
I noticed there have been some precautions to make links a little bit hidden, Does this mean that the only reason PNF isnt in trouble is because it hasn't been caught yet?

in 99/100 part of the world, music sharing is free as is. it has no legal problems in russia, in czech rep. in turkey or in greece.., it has no problems in africa or asia. hiding the links is for the friends he who has problems with their isps i think, in other words its privacy for end user. many people take care not to be measured by their isps, not to track. personally i use proxy servers when i even download so called legal content from net. one more thing, bloggers suffer idiots (who live a bad day and want to hurt blogger, cause he knows the blogger from other place, personal hate, etc) more than legal distirubutors..hiding links with several hosters/services make their work more harder to del the links)... and i dont want to do a trick, i understood very well what you are saying about.. well most of the albums that you may see in this forum is albums that lost their economic value, out of print stuff, and yes there are some albums that you may buy around also uploaded here, but if you dive to last.fm forums, you will also see many so called illegal album download links. while even a legal company which earns money with selling/subscription method/ads etc does this, its hard to expect to track everything that drops into this forum. but i feel, we created a nice ethic for the forum. most of the folks aware. one more thing, listeners of this type music, is really respectful to their musicians.

I'm not sure the specifics on laws regarding this kind of stuff, but basically, I was wondering how PNF stays afloat? Is it subject to the same kind of rules as torrent search engines, and can't be held responsible because it doesn't host the actual content on its' own servers? (although some torrent search engines, even, are being targeted)

in torrents you can download metallica album 3 days before it exists at markets, in here you can download a slovakian prog band from 70s that you cant find that easy. there is always an introduction value via reviews, in torrents you mostly see names only.. in pnf nearly half of the albums that we sent found its producers. many musicians sent us their original signed lps, and its really a great pleausure. we also sent our friends albums to blog and forum, some of them became the most commented albums ever.

well, in g7 countries, to rise the sellings of new cars, they configure second hand car prices, so that way to go always become to buy a new car.
well i feel music companies also does somekind of thing for old music.. they dont show importance and respect enough, it is not a second hand car..it is music and timeless.. no need to be a postmodernist to observe that.

about legality, if you own/distrubute an album, feel free to drop a message to blog in comments or send a pm to forum moderators so that the album can instantly be removed. Well PNF never ever meet with a legal problem, moderators are ready to delete if there is something wrong and reported, blog hosted via google company blogger as you know. you may prefer to use this place as a prog lib, and you would select not to download but buy (like some do). It is not a forum for 2004-56789 realeases...it is great to show respect and your support with buying them, but buying is not always reachable, maybe you could buy kangroo dreaming, from a store near your home, but i have no option to do the same here Smiley but again i must warn some lps cost more than hundreds, and buying their originals wont bring anything to its own musician anymore..

maybe one of the reason X band is very well known in its country but it has no economical profit in Y country, it is good for them to get more passionate listeners from other countries, and its also good for listeners and world to make them mix.

i dont know, but a serious listener who thinks a little bit about pnf like sites; in long term he may realise, such kind of sites are biggest supporters of music. Musicians are happy to be reminded one more time with their works that they did 20-30 years before, New musicians happy to be distrubuted in a correct place that fits exactly to here.. a few days ago a bulgarian friend asked me an album that existed in peru 1-2 months ago.. probably there are very few sites like pnf that makes it special even its gray, one more thing.. noone makes profit via pnf..just pure passion for music.

have a look at comments of australian band snakes alive;
http://prognotfrog.blogspot.com/2007/12/snakes-alive-snakes-alive-australia.html
this happens often for PNF Smiley)

« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 07:51:41 AM by voivod » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: